Saturday, 14 November 2009

Crappy note

Well, birthdays are merely symbolic of how another year has gone by and how little we've grown. No matter how desperate we are that someday a better self will emerge, with each flicker of the candles on the cake, we know it's not to be, that for the rest of our sad, wretched pathetic lives, this is who we are to the bitter end. Inevitably, irrevocably; happy birthday? No such thing.”

It is rather a pessimistic view of the ability of a human being to improve himself.
I chose the birthday theme because quite a few of friends are going to celebrate their birthdays in the coming week; in fact 16 friends of mine are going to celebrate their birthdays in the following week.

I am terribly sorry for being rather presumptuous but i haven't had proper sleep since the past week, actually 20 hours in 7 days.
I do believe that, we, as a fundamentally decent race do try to improve ourselves continually and be perceived as GOOD. This is our fundamental nature. We have always strived to be perceived by our contemporaries as good, regardless whether we actually are or not.

I remember reading Machiavelli as a child, and remember that Man is the most successful Chameleon as he can adapt to be as harmless as a bunny yet be a wolf on the inside. He was referring to the Medicis - A family of great importance during his time.

Some of the most prolific serial killers have always been known to be sweet, decent people in real life.
Charles Shobraj managed to kill over a hundred people who would have been surprised if they ever had known. People still believe that he has only killed 12 people.
Psychopaths are not necessarily the sadistic killers of popular fiction. But they lack empathy, and are unable to experience guilt or remorse. They are assertive and egocentric, may be highly manipulative, and areunconcerned by the negative consequences of their actions. When they kill, the crimes are usually well planned and committed for personal gain. But engage in conversation with a psychopath, and he or she might seem to be a perfectly normal person , even a charming one at that.

Hitler who was a monster, was an extremely amiable fellow on most days. They wouldn't even have known about it had he not started killing people. Idi Amin - one of the most notorious dictators - a man who drank blood using the skulls of his enemies as goblets. He was known for his quick wit and repartee. A most jovial man. These were maladjusted people. Here is an example of a person who used his ability for the greater good.
Talleyrand was the most astute politician in Napoleon's time. He was thoroughly charming. Napoleon once said this of him : Talleyrand is the cleverest rascal that I have ever encountered. I might win wars but to beat him at words, Well that is another thing.
For Napoleon to say that , Talleyrand must have been some MAN. He was also known to have no empathy at all and that's why he could be so effective.

Man always strives to prove himself and that's the reason that man rules over the planet. "Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?" - Nietzsche. I am not inclined to believe this.Religion , God , etc. all these concepts have been invented by man just so that he improves himself and that the innate ambition burning in him doesn't flame out. I just do hope that you keep that flame burning in you. Improve, improve, improve.
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. Joseph Baretti, Please Learn from this man.

I don't know where i am going here myself.I do realise the note is not at all contiguous and this isn't my usual style of writing. It just doesn't make sense to me.Sorry for this. I don't even know why i am posting this awful note.It is an incoherent farrago of thoughts and it has been further "crapped up" by trying to simplifying it. Do bear with me.
All i want to say is ,
Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday To all of you. :)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment